I know many of you were fans of the free Pap Guide app, created by Joshua Steinberg, M.D. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.
Here are a few alternatives for viewing pap guidelines on your mobile device:
- use the Lexicomp app (if you are a clinical student)
- go to 5-Minute Clinical Consult -> Algorithms -> Search for "pap"
- add the entry to your favorites for quicker retrieval
- download a PDF copy of the ASCCP Algorithms and save to a mobile app (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, etc.)
- purchase the ASCCP Mobile App for $9.99
If you need further instructions on any of these options, keep reading...
Here are more details on the alternative options listed above:
If you are a clinical student and have the Lexicomp mobile app, an algorithm adapted from the ASCCP guidelines is available in the 5-Minute Clinical Consult database.
From the Lexicomp library, choose 5-Minute Clinical Consult, then Algorithms and search for "pap." You should get two results - one for women ages 21-24 and one for women ages 25 and over. Once you've selected one of these two, you can "favorite" it for quick retrieval later. Touch the wrench icon and a toolbar will appear. Touch on the heart icon to add to favorites.If you use a mobile app that allows for storing and viewing PDF files (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Evernote), you can save a PDF copy of the ASCCP Algorithms and make it available on your device. See instructions for saving PDFs.
Finally, you can purchase the ASCCP Mobile App for Android or Apple.
If you have other suggestions for keeping up with pap guidelines, let us know if the comments!